Omar Olivas: Mobility & Movement Coach
Certification and Experience:
- CrossFit Trainer Certified: Level 1
- Dance Instructor for SIUE Department of Theater and Dance (Fall 2013 - Present)
- SIUE Master in Kinesiology
- University of California Irvine - Bachelors in Fine Arts
- Training as a Professional Dancer: Ballet, Modern Dance, Acrobatics, Yoga, Pilates, and Contact Improvisation
- Diavolo Dance Theater (Company Member 2009 - 2014)
- Backhaus Dance (Company Member 2007 - 2009)
- ASTI CPR/AED Certified
- CrossFit Experience - 3 years
Dancing and choreographing with my wife Jennifer, my son Joziah, running, cycling, playing and watching basketball (GO BULLS!), my couch and TV.
CrossFit has a way of bringing out the inner kid in me. When I go to the BOX it reminds me of the good old days of going to the playground with my friends. We run, jump on things, hang from bars, throw things, chase each other and cheer for one another, everything that we do in CrossFit today. Thank you CrossFit Ten Twenty for allowing me to play.